Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HOMECOMING WEEK AT THE HOME OF THE PIRATES

                
"Brittney (left) & Ashley (right) with the artist herself, Mrs. Smith."

 
"Thanks to her, we made Drew Central's Website!"

  The school spirit exhibited at Drew Central has been explosive and quite contagious this week.  Monday we celebrated with crazy hat day, while Tuesday was camouflage day.   All of us teachers/mothers were all in our son’s closets hunting for camo rather than deer! It was hilarious because my son’s pants were about three inches to short for me so I fashionably placed them in my boots.   The outfit really turned out pretty cute.   Wednesday was the infamous Pirate day, for which I did not get to participate.  I had to teach a class in front of ten observers.  Even though they were grading my math coach and not me, I definitely felt like I was in the hot seat and felt I needed to look professional and comfortable.    This is a whole other blog!  I’ll get back to homecoming.  Thursday was jersey day.  Ms.  Hillis and I dressed in Razorback jerseys.  They easily passed for Drew Centrals jerseys since the colors are similar. Moreover, Drew Central’s personal artist, Mrs. Teri Smith really made our outfits pop with the glittered, eye work   !  We even made Drew Centrals Webpage! 
A student of mine tied my sleeves up like they do with ribbons.  And, I of course brought too much red, white, and, black jewelry to glamour it up even more!  We all had a blast!!!   Everyone had a blast, students and faculty!    Tomorrow’s the awards assembly, along with it being designated Red day.  The homeroom class dressed the most in red wins a pizza party!  I’m anxious to see if or how many paint themselves red!  I’ve downloaded a picture and intend to  add a few others very soon.  Everyone had a blast!
                In addition to playing, my classes have had a pretty stressful week, as have I.  Target Tests had to be administered since we were at the final deadline and both grades had chapter three exams.  I don’t even want to mention the workbooks I am accountable for grading or being observed by my pathwise director from UAM next week.  Hopefully the class presentation will go well. 
Everyone have a good week!   








No comments:

Post a Comment